Data Protection Statement
This statement explains how UGRacing (“we”, “us” and “our”) handles and uses the personal information we collect about our members and applicants for processes relating to our operations and activities.
When changes are made to this statement, these will be available on our website
The controller for your personal information is UGRacing. The person responsible for data protection within our society is the Team Principal who can be contacted at email@example.com
How we use your personal information
We collect and process your personal information in order to contact you during your application to the team. In the event you are accepted to the team, we will also use your data for the following purposes:
• Maintaining your personal details (e.g. your name, photograph, membership number and preferred contact details), including ensuring effective communications with you.
• Keeping financial records (e.g. payment of your membership fees).
• Maintaining a formal record of your activities with us.
• Undertaking research into our activities.
• Managing complaints made to us.
• Managing society alumni relations and fundraising.
Our normal legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent, which you gave at the point you provided us with your contact details and which you can withdraw at any time by contacting us. We keep your personal information for as long as we need it.
How we share your personal information
• Personal information is not shared outside of the society and its members.
• We use University IT facilities to store electronic copies of personal information.
We may also be subject to a legal requirement (with or without your consent) to share your personal information with the University or a government agency (such as the police or security services or other statutory authorities with investigatory powers) under special circumstances (e.g. relating to tax, crime or health and safety). Where feasible and appropriate, we will notify you of our intention to share such information in advance.
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you, to delete personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing, or to object to processing or communications, or to receive an electronic copy of the personal information you provided to us. Please note that all of these rights are qualified in various ways.
If you have questions or concerns about how your personal information is used, please contact us using the above details. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/.